Monday, May 7, 2012

A lil' bit'o' this, and a lil'bit'o' that

Our little family is all about routine.

And it's constant changes. :)

That comes in the parenting manual right as in WARNING: your life will never be a constant same,  but an ever changing, adjusting routine.

For now, our little routine consists of dinner at 6, bedtime at 7, and up for the day at 6:15 - LC is like CLOCKWORK on this!

Scatter in 3 meals & a snack & 3 bottles or nursings (give or take one or two) a day around 6:45am, 10:30 or noon, 2ish and 6pm and that's our day.

Complete with playtime, stories, walks in the park, trips to the farmers market, trips to Target, and an occassional family fun night out - like the Food Truck Festival this past Friday night.

And I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Right now our routine changed a bit when we decided last week (well, I initiated, and J agreed) that I would do daycare dropoff. And you know what - a week in, and it really WORKS!

Granted I don't get that extra half hour of playtime in with LC, but I am also ON TIME if not EARLY to work every day, and I get little glimpses into LC's daycare life and his buddies which is always fun! Today a little girl did the sign for 'please' and we ALL got SO excited!

I'm hoping LC catches on to the signs - I think he has an idea of what they mean and sometimes I think I see him signing milk, but we just keep repeating and hope he catches on - he will - I know he will.

Speaking of him catching on - the boy is a MOVER and a SHAKER! Ever since our little trip at the end of April, he's taken to pushing his push toy all over the apartment! Down the hallway to his room, straight over to the kitchen (the cat food to be exact), and everywhere in between!

And the babbling - 'what's this? what's that?' i SWEAR is what he is saying - at least that's how us adult interpret it! I'm just waiting for real words to come out (aside from Mama and Dada) one day in the midst of him reading to himself or playing with his toys :)

Our little boy amazes us every day, and every night when we say grace, we thank God for the little blessing of his life, for him filling our lives with extra smiles, laughter, hugs, kisses, and love.

LC, you never cease to amaze your Mamma, never :)

No comments:

Post a Comment