So I never really understood how people could become friends over Twitter. I mean seriously, friends, in 140 characters? A micro-blog / newsfeed where you update anything from what you just ate, to what you're wearing, to professional conferences, to interesting articles, and everything in between.
And then I met J and S. Both mammas, both librarians, both all around awesome awesome women.
We talk about everything from books we read, books we would recommend, how we deal with patrons, interesting conference tidbits, parenting articles, blog posts, being working moms, and our wee ones at home.
And it has become something I look forward to each day - hearing how their nights were, what is happening during their days, what's in the plans and so forth.
These women, are ones I turn to the days when my brain is full and my heart is heavy, and when my step is light and my mind is inspired.
When I want to talk about how my baby slept all night, or how he is going through a biting phase, or, oh look, he pushed his push toy all the way down the hallway to his room.
And they get it.
And they love to hear about it - like genuinely
Like only a fellow mamma could
I don't feel like I am bogging them down with my stories, because they have their stories, and we share, and we laugh, and we cry, and we get through it.
Together.
Bonding with other women, other mothers, is a special special thing.
And I am so thankful to have these women in my little circle of motherhood.
You guys are so awesome!
The 140 characters that we exchange on a daily basis keep me going - we keep eachother going I think :)
Thank you
and, oh yeah, i'd tweet this post to you, but this blog, my little corner of motherhood and life, is a more private space than my tweets allow.
but you''ll know it's here :)
Monday, May 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment