It's 8:13pm and a load of cloth diapers is spinning in the dryer, March Madness is on the tv, LC is snoring away in his crib, and I'm sitting down to blog.
It's Saturday night, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Home a little before 7pm, just in time to get LC in his pjs, read a story, and drift off to sleep.
We had a busy day - but the best part - getting to read on our balcony on a gorgeous unseasonably warm March afternoon...
After a busy morning of sleeping in til 8:15 - yes ALL of us slept IN until 8:15am! It was unheard of! I actually woke up at 6:45 and almost got up and started doing laundry, brewing coffee and getting on with the day - but no, I cuddled back under the covers, read my book, got sleepy again, and fell back asleep til about 2 minutes before LC woke up to greet the day. It was a glorious morning for our little family.
Skype, oatmeal, and observing nature from the balcony filled our little morning, followed by a 2.5 hour nap, reading, lunch, and then LC woke up for his lunch and we ventured out for the day.
A stop to Kohl's & Old Navy for some new duds for LC - he is now in 18 month clothes! Bursting at the seams of his 12 month outfits already! We practiced our new sit in the sling (again, best $7 I ever spent - consignment no less!)! And strolled around the shops :)
Here we are in the Kirkland's checking out furniture - they had an a-dorable little desk that would be perfect for my laptop, but we don't have any place to put it right yet, so alas, it did not come home with us.
After our shopping excursion, we met some friends at a local burger joint where LC charmed everyone with his sliding down in the high chair (I swear those restaurant high chairs are made for full on toddlers, not 9 month old babies), ate his dinner, smiled, waved, and flirted with the other babies in the joint, and, oh yeah, karate chopped the table WITH HIS HEAD!
Yep, it left a knot.
We had just moved him back from the table while feeding him and he purposely moved his head forward and knocked it on the table. C-razy kiddo! :) He cried for a moment while I unstrapped him and held him, then he was recovered and rejuvenated.
I had to reassure J that no, he was not concussed, he just knocked his head. Yes, it is okay for him to go to sleep tonite. He's snoring away as I type :)
He's a little boy, he's gonna get a wee bit banged up in his life, it's to be expected :)
All in all, a wonderful Saturday, now time to go read .... ahh, my favorite way to relax :)
Saturday, March 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment