Monday, March 5, 2012

Milk

One word.

One source of nutrition for my sweet baby boy

The only source of nutrition for my sweet baby boy for the first 6-7 months of hos sweet little life

The second (but best) source of nutrition 7 months forward

At least 12 months

A source of joy, stress, love, bonding, comfort & time for both of us

Time

I feel our time is winding down - not only for LC, as he grows and becomes more independent, more of a mini-foodie, enjoying all new things with gusto

A time for the Momma, to reflect on all that she has done, all that she has given, and continues to give until the time is right

Not yet

But soon

We prepare

We monitor the bottles at daycare, how much milk is leftover, how much does he nurse when he's with me all day.

We look forward, seeing beyond the step we're on now

We watch for distraction and growth, knowing those two things may make me think he's not interested when really he is, just not at that moment.

His little head snuggles into my chest, his warm hand moving mine to his belly where I rest it on his and he rests his hand on top of mine

Where his other hand rubs my back and my side

His little eyes close as he breathes, sucks, swallows, just like when he was a newborn

He still needs his Momma. But he is growing. He is exploring, he is trying to stand on his own, army crawling at the speed of light, trying to master the sippy cup, eating his breakfast, lunch, and dinner, leaning forward, opening his mouth wide, taking in big bites, chewing, swallowing, and opening up again. But always drinking his milk first. That's a good little LC :)

Hopefully at 12 months I'll feel okay with it - hopefully LC will feel okay with it - we will watch eachother for cues, waxing and waning as needed

My sweet boy is growing up and as I watch each stage I stand back and admire him for his fearlessness, his love of life, his joy in the great outdoors, and his love for his Momma. He always knows just what I need.

It's amazing how someone so small can love so deeply and can say so much without even being able to speak.

LC you amaze me everyday and making the milk for you has been the best thing that I could ever imagine doing for you. I feel so lucky to be your Momma.

For now we keep at our regular pace, we monitor, and slowly, gradually, naturally, we all adjust ..... slowly .... very slowly ...

No comments:

Post a Comment