7pm last nite and I picked up an already sleeping LC off of my lap and kissed his tired little cheek (a million times), smelled his bananna & strawberry scented face (remnants of his favorite meal), soaked up his (getting longer) hair with the wee curl on top. In his dark room with the lull of the ocean and buoy sounds and quiet rocking putting him to sleep. I stood up and held him close, his head on my shoulder, his arms around my neck.
I put him down in his crib, his eyes not even flicking open. A slight adjustment, his head to one side, his arm up by his head, his legs in a little triangle.
A deep breath in, and a deep breath out.
Asleep.
My sweet boy is asleep having sweet dreams, after a great hour of playing with Mommy and Daddy, where we rolled the basketball back and forth between us, where LC unstacked the stackable toy (several times!), where Daddy read him 'Bear Snores On' before he settled down for his milk & he sat up and wiggled and listened and tried to grab and giggle.
A great hour, the time J and I live for each day - we stop - we kick off our shoes, we get on the floor with our sweet boy, soak in his little personality, stare in awe at his developments each day. Thank God for such an amazing, growing baby boy.
We have dinner, sometimes bath, then bedtime - complete with teeth brushing now!
And then asleep.
My little man is growing up and sleeping so well and I'm so proud of him.
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment