LC slept through the night last night! Granted it wasn't without a couple of wee
'cry outs' as we call them - where he fusses or just calls out for a minute or two while he readjusts in his sleep (with his butt in the air most likely), but he slept in his crib all night long and didn't even need Mommy or Daddy to come in to comfort him!
I am shocked and astounded
Although I shouldn't be because, as is his custom, right when I'm on the cusp of thinking something like 'omg we're going to have to let him cry it out and 'ferberize' and he'll starve!' he turns it around and says 'see, it's okay Momma, I can do it! I just needed that lunch added to my day and my belly is full!'
And he is SO chatty! He woke up, sucked down his milk and then chatted my ear off as he looked at the sky out his window and we got dressed!
Then we crawled around on the floor where he went right up to the window and stared and stared at the gray sky, very quietly, taking in the little big world around him (pics to come b/c he was so enthralled I almost couldn't stand the coolness of it all for him).
And naturally, right when I think he's weaning himself (but I know better, they are SUPER distracted at this age), he goes and drinks all 4 of his bottles at daycare the past two days. So yeah, he still wants the milk, and MORE of it no less!
Since I can only pump 3 times at work, I've divvied up the bottles differently to accomodate his growing thirst to 5ish ozs per bottle instead of 3 7oz bottles.
And yes, I am incredibly grateful, blessed, and thankful for the abundance of milk that my body makes for him everyday. I know that not every mommy is able to make as much milk so believe me, I'm grateful!
So we'll see if this lil routine keeps up - we're now up to 3 meals a day and 3 or 4 bottles a day and nursing in the morning and when we get home before dinner and agin before bed.
A busy life my little 9 month old leads! :)
And he's just getting started!
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment