Monday, December 19, 2011

Just when I thought life couldn't get any sweeter....

Last night I pulled my sweet potato stained sweatpants off, scrubbed the dried sweet potatoes off my arm when I washed my face and brushed my teeth, checked in on our sweet boy as he snoozed (on his tummy! he rolls now folks, a lot), curled up under the sheets with my book, read for 15 minutes, wearily discussed Christmas cards with J, and finally fell into a deep much needed sleep.

Motherhood is tiring somedays. But the smiles and hugs and big open mouthed slobbery baby kisses on my cheek, shoulder, shirt, make it 110% worthwhile.

What makes it even better -- showing your 6.5 month old the (undecorated) Christmas tree for the first time, the next morning.


I never knew the true meaning of Christmas until I had my own sweet baby to celebrate the season with. I swear it gets sweeter every single day.


Do you see the amazement in his face - and this is a 6ft faux pre-lit Colorado fir, bought at Target last year - UN-decorated (that's tonite's job) :)

I could watch him look at the tree all day long.

Life takes on a whole new meaning when it is seen from a child's eye - from our child's eyes.

Thank you LC once again, for showing Mommy what Christmas is all about.

I love you more than you will ever know.

1 comment: