Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I know Christmas was awesome when I was a child, and even when I was all grown, and to this day I have not ever heard Santa on the roof, but have woken up to a stuffed stocking and gifts galore. I know that Santa is real - I will teach LC that Santa is real - that you hear the bell, you believe. You must believe to know the magic of the season.

LC believes...


I have never known what Christmas is all about until we had our sweet baby. At a week shy of 7 months, of course he doesn't understand what's going on - but he knows joy, he knows love, he knows grace, and he knows big slobbery kisses and tight grasping hugs around the neck. He knows...


Santa came...he ate his cookies and drank his milk...


& the baby Jesus was in the Manger, just like the story goes.

& Santa tip toed into our little toasty warm apartment and left goodies for all...


At 8am we woke up, padded out to our living room, and started opening gifts...and hour and 15 minutes later, dear sweet LC started rubbing his eyes, the stimulation and joy of the season getting to him...by 10am he was down for a nap.

Mommy and Papa took that time to make the cranberry compote for our Christmas dinner.

We finished wrapping presents. We Skyped with Mimi and Grandpa. We folded some laundry, got ready for the day.

Dinner was wonderful, and more presents galore from cousins and grandparents.

And LC kept up with the best of 'em , rolling on the floor, smiling, laughing, & taking command of the room :) Showing everyone what Christmas is all about.

LC's first Christmas - one for the books :)

No comments:

Post a Comment