Howver, once LC got a bit better head control, I was much more into it.
I was way too nervous when he was itty bitty...the moby wrap was too stressful for an already stressed out Momma, the Ergo was too big, even with the insert, so we resorted to carrying him in his carseat, in the stroller everywhere.
And let me tell you - that is a LOT of lugging. Now we love our travel system, don't get me wrong, but it is big, heavy, and well, cumbersome for small quick outings when it's just me.
There have been times when I've carried him in in his carseat to places because getting the stroller etc out was too much. Pro: stronger arms. Con: aching arms :)
Then came 2.5 months and LC showed some good head control, and I wanted something I could just plop him in and go go go. No wrapping, tying, buckling, snapping, etc-ing.
Enter: the best $6.54 I've ever spent (hello consignment shopping, nice to meetcha!)
My new best friend, the hotsling!
I watched an awesome 9 minute YouTube video that showed me about all the holds and such.
In case you were wondering: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldeIJKAEVbk (video link)
The cradle hold was a hit (at the grocery store) although I'll admit I was constantly worried about his chin being curled up and blocking his air passages - hence I almost always had my hand on his belly to feel for breathing. Neurotic, maybe, common sense, definitely.

Notice we're by the milk - not a coincidence :)
Then came 3 months when his head control got a little better and we had to make a biiig journey in the air chariot (Papa's name for the airplane), and I watched the video again and found another hold that seemed beyond perfect for LC. He could sit facing out and watch the world go by while still being close to his Momma. Oh, and the smiling, forget about it, he smiled at everyone he sees!
This is at about 6:15am, giving the cradle hold another try to encourage a little shut eye from our wee traveler, who had been up since 3:30

In fact I think he made the postal worker's day today. I went to buy a book of stamps and you'd have thought the circus was in town for all the excitement in the little post office!

I love how he spreads so much joy with a simple smile.
I'm still amazed every day.
Oh and I guess I should say that I'm posting this of my own accord, not for anything from the hotsling people. Nuff said :)

No comments:
Post a Comment