I should be vacuuming the apartment
I should be changing the sheets
I should be cleaning the bathroom
I should be making my lunch / dinner in preparation for my evening shift tonight
I could have written this post at 1:15am when, due to the fact that our a/c is out AGAIN, and it can't be fixed until the temps are correct outside (something about freon and charging) and we had to sleep with the windows open and the rain dripping from the gutter woke me up and kept me up for a good hour until I closed the window to try to block it out, and then was too hot but managed to fall asleep - finally!
LC slept great - first really good night in a few weeks - so naturally, right when I'm worried that his belly is on some sort of feeding schedule, he conks out for 8 hours straight, wakes up, drinks one side, and is back in bed in 10 minutes, so we all get another hour of shut eye!
The boy amazes me - wait, did I say that already?
At any rate...the work, life, motherhood balance...something not to be taken lightly...
it
is
the
hardest
thing
i
think
i
have
ever
had
to
do
as in, harder than working full time, a 4 hour daily commute, combined with going to school part-time in the evenings to get my master's degree hard
harder than moving across the country and having to pack up our stuff in one week, buying boxes the morning the moving truck arrives and packing as they are loading the truck
it's just been a major adjustment, still is, and the balance is a great juggling act.
more to come...
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment