Thursday, September 29, 2011

Brain Dump II

Yes, I had to divide this into two posts because well, it's a lot and if you're still reading - kudos & I appreciate it.

So motherhood and work balance.

I honestly don't know how people do it - I feel like there are simply not enough hours in the day to get the enjoyment out of things, to make healthy meals, to feel satisfied in work and in home life

J tells me that other people have trouble dealing with it as well - other people have to wake their babies up to take them to daycare, other people have car troubles and have to spend a day at a dealership or repair shop, other people spend part of their weekends at the grocery store, running errands, stocking up for the week, they just don't talk about it all the time. He says we're not alone - and the more I post things on FB, the more my friends respond with "me too" and "yes, my babies do the same thing" - and the more J says, 'see, it's okay, we're not special, we're not perfect, we're living, and that's what we're supposed to be doing'

Case and point: on Tuesday night, J spent 2 hours making dinner for us - 2 hours - that is a LONG time in an evening combined with LC play and bath and bedtime. But, the meal was good, I played with LC, we watched J cook, we bathed him together, and put him to bed - and we had another meal for Wednesday night that was ready in the 4 minutes it took to nuke it.

But it's just hard, I get anxious about the evenings and wanting to get things done and spend time with our sweet boy before he drifts off to sleep, usually between 8 and 9, and if not then, not until 10 in which case I go to bed pretty much immediately after him.

Spending time with LC definitely trumps all other duties though, I must admit :) The other night he didn't go to bed until 10pm and I went to bed after him and then got up at 5:30 and finished my nighttime tasks, and actually it worked out well.

So I don't know, if anyone has advice on how to make this transition back to work and motherhood a little easier, I'm all ears.

But granted, it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet, I guess I do need to give myself a little bit more time to ease into it, to get into a routine.

Time is so so precious with our sweet LC.

No comments:

Post a Comment