Friday, August 26, 2011

When it rains it pours

So I've been spending a majority of my summer caring for LC and trying to find outlets for us to be more social and meet other mommies and babies.

Enter: meetup.com

A great website for well, meeting up, meeting like minded people in the area. Great site..although I'll admit I may learn a thing or two if I looked at the tutorial since I can't figure out how to reply to greetings or get to my own profile - I know, profound considering the field that I'm in right.

Anywho...

This Thursday and Friday at 10am seem to be THE time and THE place for two of the meet up groups I'm interested in (hoping they involve working moms too because um 10am on a Thursday or Friday doesn't work for me come late September!), but the info is blocked since I'm not a member yet.

So I've had scheduling conflicts between initially meeting the meet up groups, one wanted to meet Friday at 10am, but that is the first baby program at the library and we missed it last month so not again! And another one wanted to meet Thursday at 10am, which would have been great (and a prime location about 2 mins from my house), but the OTHER meet up group conflicted. Sigh...oh the drama!

So I'm trying to put out fires and meet with everyone, and not wear my little baby out, because um 10am is usually prime naptime in our house - at least that's how it's been working out this week - he is putting himself on a little bit of a schedule - or, a routine as I like to call it.

This week it's been wake up between 2 and 3am, eat, back to bed, then up again around 7:30 for the day..back down for a nap around 9am, up for hte afternoon and lunch around 11, back down for a 3 hr afternoon nap (usually) between 2 and 3. And the sleepiness starts around 8 and he is usually down for the night around 9. Not too shabby since it leaves Mommy an hour to read, clean up, and indulge in some cookie dough ice cream (what, I earned it!) :)

In between eating, tummy time and sitting, oh and helping Mommy do housework and running little errands here and there.

Oh the life of a babe!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment