So I took my first Zumba class last night.
I have heard about Zumba for-ever and when my friend at work told me about free classes (coincidentally when I was about 8 months pregnant), I was all for it -- once the baby was out in the big world!
Last night was the night!
LC was off with his Papa and I pumped and then put on my fanciest (read: old and tattered but comfortable since my boobs expand over several hours) sports bra, two tank tops (extra support, maybe .. maybe not ..) my capri sweats and my brand new sneaks.
Filled up my water bottle and off I went!
It is held at a local church in a HUGE auditorium..HUGE! Like there must have been 60 to 100 women there from all walks of life, all shapes and sizes and ages, and they were breaking. it. down.!
I have never seen such happy, enthusiastic people working out (well aside from the abnormally 'high' Denise Austin but that's besides the point).
The music was loud and awesome, the moves were super fun and shockingly I was able to follow along! Thank you trusty dance teachers from high school, and my boy P for keeping it real!
A great workout - I'd share a pic but a) we didn't take one and b)I was a sweaty mess by the time it was over - which was a great feeling!
I can't wait to go back on Thursday!
Monday, August 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment