Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Day Home Alone

So my first day home alone with LC occurred exactly 3 weeks after his birth -- Monday, June 18, 2011. J was back to work full days, my Mom had left a couple of days before, so I was on my own, until Wednesday, when my Dad will be in town for the rest of the week.

A true test being home alone with your baby for the first time. I think it went well, but I sure was tired by the time J walked in the door.

It is slightly overwhelming and intimidating to think that I am in charge of stimulating all of this vital brain development that occurs in the first few months of life.

So, what did we do you ask?

Well, I fed him around 6, then he went back down for his nap until about 9, which gave me time to tidy up, and have my breakfast and coffee (still going w/ decaf), do some computering and blogging.

9 or so I woke him up, changed him, and we sat down for some time at the milk bar :)

Sidenote; he gets SO excited for food! I can see him smiling as he's rooting around looking for the grub!

After his post breakfast breakfast, we did some tummy time, swinging in the swingand light napping in the bassinet and me on the couch. Light because he was rather fidgity. So I fed him again around 11:45 and then he was out like a light.

This is when I finally got to take a shower, eat my lunch, and rest for a few minutes.

After he woke up for his 3pm feeding he was up for a bit longer, so we had tummy time again, and read some stories and changed some diapers - it's amazing how fast one babe can go through 24 flat diapers! I did wash on Saturday and was down to 3 by the end of the day - needless to say, I did laundry that night so we're back up at our full stash for today!

Then J came home (bearing homemade pimento cheese mind you - made by a coworker), and picked up LC and they were practically inseperable all night. J narrates everything - um, I need to get better about this - I realized yesterday afternoon that I hadn't really said much to him, sigh...work in progress..hopefully I didn't mess up any vital brain development for him.

He sat in his vibrating chair for a while, listened to his seahorse, sucked on his soothie, had his milk dinner, played with Papa some more, had post dinner dinner, then drifted off to sleep by about 11. We both went to bed then too. And LC didn't let us down, he slept soundly until 5am when I got up and fed him again! Wow!

Good first day huh!?

I do think that once I can lift more and get out of the house things will be even cooler! Yay interaction with other babies and mommies!

We're thinking baby lapsit at the library, some errands, walks in the park, maybe a playgroup, La Leche League meetings...we gotta keep busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment