Monday, May 9, 2011

Work, work, work

They say that work keeps you busy before you go into labor. For me, yeah it's great to be there but as far as keeping busy, um it's more like how to keep my mind from wandering, and searching for things, and just having to have a constant stream of information coming at me to keep myself centered.

My concentration is shot but I'm getting my work done and tying up loose ends as far as being ready to go on maternity leave at a moment's notice. I've told them that I'll work until I can't anymore and that I will :) It's hard, especially on days when I'm tired, and just want to stay home and rest, or on nice sunny days, when I just want to be home soaking up my book on the balcony. But I try to create a balance. Get outside at lunchtime, walk around on my breaks, read on the balcony in the evening even if it is only or 15 minutes. And get my exercise in when I'm not too exhausted - sometimes the hour nap after work trumps the exercise.

But we're both hanging in there. Waiting with baited breath for our little baby to arrive safe and sound into the outside world.

No comments:

Post a Comment