Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's May! 36 Weeks!

Wow! It is May 1 and we are officially at 36 weeks, which means that a) LC could arrive today, tomorrow, in 4 weeks, but no more than 5 weeks! Oh...my..goodness! This is an amazing time of excitement, restlessness, anxiety, and nervousness! But bring it on! Our OB said after 34-35 weeks you can breathe a sigh of relief because if labor were to start, they wouldn't try to stop it. Wow!

I've been giving LC pep talks, telling him to stay in juuust a couple more weeks, I'd prefer 37 to 38 to at least be 'full term' which is 37 weeks. But I know that he'll come when he is good and ready. And he'll come out screaming and clawing with what I'm sure are long nails and a head full of hair :)



ps- this is my 4th shirt I put on before I could find one to wear that fit right. I think it is official, practically none of my clothes feel like they fit properly anymore, even my maternity shirts - they all seem to have shrunk. Oh wait, that's the sweet little cub growing bigger inside :)

How far along? 36 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: up 3 lbs, not too shabby! Making my grand total 20 lbs! hey, I can work that off right!? right..? yes, yes I can! :)
Maternity clothes? couldn't get by without them even though my shirts are even getting tight and short, as are my pants, and really all I want to wear are pj bottoms and a huge tank top and sports bra and flip flops, I'm making due with my clothes, but I know it won't be much longer :)
Sleep: Been getting up to pee 3 or 4 times a night, how my bladder is storing that much every couple hours is beyond me. Plus sore hips have been keeping me up despite my pregnancy wedge pillow. But oh well!
Best moment this week: Still feeling the wiggles, reassuring Mommy that he is doing good and has sleep/wake cycles, although lately I swear he never naps :)
Movement: I'd say about 80% of the time he spends wiggling around :)
Food cravings: Not much, just my usual cheese indulgences! And ice cream. Calcium is good for us :)
Gender: B-O-Y!
Labor Signs: Not yet, but really that could change at any moment! High alert still!
Belly Button in or out? It's not going back in for a looong time lol!
What I miss: nothing!
What I am looking forward to: OB appointment on Tuesday, first actual internal check for progress. Maybe give us some idea of what's going on although there is really no true answer lol!
Weekly Wisdom: Keep on truckin'!
Milestones: I’m still pregnant - yep, it's a big deal :)

ps I don't know what happened to the stretch mark questions, but they are still not there, and I'm juust about out of my tub of tummy butter! Fortunately I have back up in the closet to use :)

No comments:

Post a Comment