Sunday, May 1, 2011

35 week OB appointment update

Oops, this happened on Wednesday this past week (April 27), and our day was jam packed in addition to our OB appointment.

I had to work this past Saturday so I was off on Wednesday. J took a floating holiday to be off the same day as me so that we could tie up some loose ends (um we've been tying up loose ends for what seems like months and there are always more to tie up lol). Kinda like how the dishes and laundry are endless, but I digress.

At any rate, we were up at 6am, and at the transmission place by 7:30. We dropped off J's car for a check up (at his last oil change they recommended he get it checked), then headed over for an interview with a second pediatrician in the area. It's been between two and I thought it would be only between 1 since we had such a hart time getting in for the interview (at least at a time when we could both go together) at 8am.

Met with the doctor and now have a decision to make - but really we only need to know when the baby is born to tell the hospital since both practices make rounds at our hospital. So that decision is up in the air right now but I have no fear we'll figure it out soon enough. Either would suffice.

Then we came home, I did some light cleaning and took an hour nap while J worked on some bill paying and going through the mail and making calls (we cut back on our cable package, hooray!).

The rain was pretty heavy when I woke up, so we had an early lunch before heading out to run some more errands - we're on the hunt for a bookshelf to put LC's books since they are currently in a huge box on the floor in his nursery ::cringe:: We are thiiis close to finding one that we like and that we think will work and is affordable. (are you shocked lol).

Then we made a stop at Panera for a snack and headed over to the doctor for our 35 week appointment.

And, another shocker, we only have 3 questions, although I squirreled it up to about 6 by the time we were done.

I gained 3 lbs (1 lb per week which is on target), and the baby's heartbeat is 140, nice and strong. She said that at this rate, she estimates he'll be between 6 and 7 lbs at birth which is juuust fine with me :)

Next week (Tues 5/3), we start getting the internal checks, and my group B strep test that they do at this time during pregnancy! And we're on to weekly check-ups which means that we're getting SUPER close to meeting our little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment