This past week date nite at our house has consisted of either a)a trip to Target or WalMart to procure various postpartum "supplies" (we are now fully stocked on toilet paper, paper towels, shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, sanitary pads and liners, witch hazel pads, deodorant, toothpaste, laundry detergent). Or, my favorite date nite, on Thursday night when I fell asleep on the couch and I woke up to see J asleep on the floor in the midst of reading his cooking magazines.
I thought 'wow, we must be tired' and then I thought 'wow, wait til LC is here, this may be a daily occurrence, complete with a sleeping babe in his little vibrating chair or swing, snoozing along with us - complete with two kitties lounging and sleeping on the couch with us. Or, more realistically, us sleeping, to be woken up by a wee crying baby wanting hugs, diaper changes, and some food - we'll take it!
In fact, when our neighbor asked J how it was going and advised him to 'enjoy this time before the baby is here' the other day, he said 'I've enjoyed it all, before the baby, during, and looking forward to him being here.'
And I have to say, I couldn't agree more. We've enjoyed our time together before the baby, definitely during this pregnancy, and are looking so forward to life as a little family.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment