But folks, we've made it to 40 weeks - that's fully baked - that's 'ready set go', 'fire away', we're waiting on you little buddy! My books say the baby brings on the labor, something in him triggers the labor reactions in my body to start. Vroom vroom. Nothin' yet - a stalled motor for the time being I take it :) Or just a comfy little cub in a tight space that he could care less about exiting anytime soon. Although at 2cm and 50% effacement, and a body that is contracting on its own here and there, hopefully he is at LEAST considering the idea of a great escape in the next 48 hours!
One can hope :)
How far along? 40 weeks - that's the whole time gang, the WHOLE time!
Total weight gain/loss: Can let you know on Tuesday at our last scheduled OB apointment, but if it goes as it has been, I'm guessing up 1lb, putting a grand total of 26 lbs. But we shall see!
Maternity clothes? Yes,and my pants are tighter and my shirts are shorter and nothing is comfy except my Target champion exercise shorts which I wear on a regular basis when I'm not at work :) And my sneaks and large white tank top that covers (mostly), my belly, although today even it is straining! :)
Sleep: Oddly my bathroom trips have been cut back to 1 a night, sometimes 2 but the last few nights only one! Hmm..does someone want his mommy to get a last few nights of good rest! What a sweet and considerate baby boy! :)
Best moment this week: 2cm dilated and 50% effaced as of Saturday 5/28 night. We're getting somewhere!
Movement: Yep, a lil less, but he's still got his groove going!
Food cravings: pineapple, not only because I read that it can help induce labor natrually, but because i ADORE pineapple to no end! AND J got a free fresh one today at the store - time to cut it up! :)
Gender: B-O-Y!
Labor Signs: Still braxton hicks, nothing with any consistency, but it is interesting to feel how some of them feel different - a balloon blowing up or a blood pressure cuff tightening and releasing. Good practice!
Belly Button in or out? It's out and oddly there is some circle around it so it seriously looks like a bullseye. No I won't post a picture of it.
What I miss: nothing!
What I am looking forward to: Meeting our baby boy - any day now!
Weekly Wisdom: Our little miracle baby, always impressing his crazy parents before he even officially enters the world! :)
Milestones: We made it to 40 weeks, that's an ENTIRE pregnancy! This is epic! :)
ps still no stretch marks although the belly sure does itch a lot now! Stretching skin but no marks, hmm...I won't ponder that too long :)

No comments:
Post a Comment