We took a quiz (I got them all right) :) Well cept one I wasn't sure about.
We learned how to bathe, suck snot out of the nose and spit up out of the mouth with an aspirator, change a diaper (I already knew, but J could use practice so that was good), and swaddle (we could both use practice but got it, I showed J and the teacher helped us a bit).
And watched some videos on comfort techniques - you know, in the off chance that the baby cries / has colic, etc.
We each got to pick out our baby to pretend use the aspirator, change the diaper, and swaddle. Here's what we got - J picked and he picked a bigger baby (despite the fact that I picked a smaller one - thinking our real baby will be 7ish lbs) :)
And you may laugh, but like EVERYONE was taking pics of this so we totally didn't feel out of place - and I really wouldn't have cared if we did because documenting things is a way to make memories, so I whipped out the camera the minute J picked up the babe :)
See:

Oh and we practiced passing the baby (who had GREAT head control lol) back and forth between us, and burping her - it was a her we learned in the diaper change) as well :) Oh and we learned how to care for the circumcision (they give you gauze pads and some vaseline before you leave the hospital but it should be healed in 3ish days after ze snip).

J's version of a good swaddle - it's good right!?

My version of a good swaddle.
And us together with our faux baby :) Looks just like us right! haha! Our teacher graciously took this at the tail end of class - luv her!

No comments:
Post a Comment