Friday, April 29, 2011

Graduation!

Yep as of April 19! We have officially graduated from Childbirth class! After 5 weeks, some videos, an AWESOME teacher, swaddle, bathing, feeding, general care, and signs to look for, we've gotten the certificate that says 'Hi, you can be parents now, you're all educated', but wait, here are a couple of books for you in case you have other questions'.

YIPPEE! ::throws confetti in the air::

It is kind of sad to think that our Monday's and Tuesday's won't be filled with half hour lunches, ducking out of work 30 minutes early, to dash home, prepare and eat dinner, and then motor on over to the hospital.

sidenote: we've done two dry runs to get to the Labor&Delivery unit at the hospital - it is in a different parking garage - the East one - and they have free valet during certain hours - so we're using that assuming we don't come in at 3am (wait, knowing our luck we will), since I told J I refuse to have him leave my side in labor unless I am under the care of a medical professional - heaven forbid the man has to go to the bathroom or have a meal right! :)

But we feel ready, well as ready as two parents to be can feel I suppose. You're never really "ready". I'm sure LC will whip us into shape pretty fast, I just hope we don't forget everything we learned lol! I have a notebook full of ideas and notes from classes and magazines etc.

The best part of our last class -- the Empathy Belly! Yep, our teacher brought in a 30lb sack of faux belly for the partners to try on! And J gladly gave it a whirl!


I felt it and it felt pretty heavy - but at 30lbs when I've gained about 17 so far, it was heavier than me at that point (although this Weds that may change lol).


See he's so happy wearing this - just like he has been the whole time since we got the positive test! I love it :)


Weekly belly shot from the side - at 34 weeks 1 day at that point :)


And a true comparison :) Love this pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment