Saturday, April 2, 2011

Baby Shower!



Ahhh! It says LC, IT SAYS LC! Like for Little Cub!!! I LOVE IT! :)


A little late in posting but it has been a busy week! But as promised, here are some pics from our fabulous family baby shower last weekend!

J's sister and sister in law and mother all planned it together and they did such a lovely job! Really paid attention to the little details (um, hello OWLS!) and even had homemade mac n' cheese (by my brother in law) which is my FAVE! And homemade baked beans by J's Mom! And cornbread made by our sister in law! Ohmygoodness it was all so delicious! And the cake...oh the cake! It..was..so..good! We took a huge hunk home with us and it was gone in a matter of days! Scrumptious!

Without further adieu, I'll let the pics do the talking (with a little narration from yours truly for the books):


Beautiful sign on the back of the door - complete with cut out owls! OMGah!


Oooohh clothes! Onsies! And a lil Christmas outfit! Perfect!



Mmm ribs n' pulled pork - does it GET any better than this in the south!? I think not!


My mother in law knows how to make some baked beans! WOW they were so delicious!



My brother in law's mac n' cheese - um it has gotten RAVE reviews by non family members too! Let me tell you, he does NOT mess around, this was GOOD stuff! Yes, I had seconds! And there was none left at the end of the shower :)


The cake! Oh the cake! And J's Momma! :)


Check out the loot! All wrapped up so pretty!


And the "loot opening station" - oh and notice that nice glider - yep! That's the one Uncle M and Aunt S have so graciously said can be ours! Plus it comes with an ottoman! Wowee!


Just opened our gorgeous homemade glass owl mosaic made by my Mom (LC's Mimi) sooo beautiful and we both adore it so much!

And in keeping with homemade goodness and the owl theme:


Aunt S made LC this onsie with the owl on it! I about slid off the glider when I opened it! It..Is...SO..CUTE! She made two others as well with different sayings and pictures on them! 0-3 months so he'll get tons of wear out of them! I can't wait to put that lil owl onsie on him!

And lastly, a lil pic of our diaper changing station (complete with a Thirsties diaper cover) - lots of fun accessories are inside the cabinet part and the prefolds and flats are to be washed this weekend (we need to acquire dye/fragrance free/sensitive special generic laundry detergent - it's on the list for tomorrow's grocery run) and then start the loads - I have read to wash prefolds and flats about 4 times and then dry them on high - supposed to up the absorbency. So they'll be all folded and ready for him in his drawer! Wish me luck - the washing is making me nervous but I know it'll be alright :)

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks great! What a lovely shower...

    ps - I was advised to wash & DRY the prefolds five times. yuck - I know, but its only in the beginning, right?

    ReplyDelete