No, not 'trying to find out who's naughty or nice' - because it's not Christmas juuust yet :) But I've had a list of 'big ticket items' to discuss for the past week or so and I'm proud to announce that we are slowly but surely but steadily getting things checked off!
We recently went over the lease for our apartment, got a good (well, decent and negotiated) deal on a new lease which instead of ending on June 31 of this year, will now end on January 31 of next year - biding us some more time to adjust when LC gets here and see where we want to go next in terms of moving - to where I don't know yet, but that's why we've got some time yet.
Pediatrician update - we narrowed it down from 3 to 2 and I've called the two places for more info and it happens that I hit the nail on the head with the second place since they offer a New Parents seminar taught by one of the pediatricians and it happens to be Thursday evening! The next one isn't til May 19 - kinda cuttin' it close. So I was able to rearrange my work schedule in order to be able to attend! But after talking to both places on the phone, I'm already leaning more towards the one we're going to the meeting about because it came overwhelmingly recommended by a friend of mine as well as a family member. So we'll see - hope to have that sorted out by the end of this week, if not next week.
We are going to purchase letters for LC's room to hang after he is born - that spell out his name - no they aren't bought yet - and no I won't tell you when they will be bought - and when they are bought they will be under lock and key so no snooping :) We looked around at a couple of places last night for a good style and price (coupons are our BFFs)and will check one more place but I think we've made a decision - at least I have and I think J is on board too. Then to pick the colors - yeah me painting wood letters is about as crafty as I get and that's kinda pushing it. But I'm looking forward to it! J has suggested bringing in a swatch of his bedding (or in our case since we will not be cutting anything, we will probably bring the whole darned crib sheet in lol to match to the paint colors. I find that sorta uneccessary, but if he wants to do it, I'll tag along and give my opinion.
Sidenote: LC is going to turn him upside his head when he is born I guarantee that. His tediousness and meticulousness will be thrown out the window faster than you can blink. But, he'll learn, and he'll adjust - and I keep telling him these things so he is aware and he says he knows - I just chuckle to myself.
And we have a few more big decisions to consider as well - daycare being the biggest one and is next up / in tandem with pediatrician on our list.
But, we're getting through - us turtles may win this race yet! :)
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Joann fabrics has a ton of different letters, all different sizes and shapes - have you checked there yet?
ReplyDeleteWe have yet to do the pediatrician research. We do have one suggestion from a doula that we will look into. I think that we will be cutting it close, but with our upcoming travel schedule, I don't think that we will get to it until April. See - you are ahead of the game too!