Thursday, March 24, 2011

Daycare part II

I don't know that there was really a part I to this, but I know I mentioned it before so in my eyes, this is part II.

We've tried to divide and conquer the daycare situation. J printed out a listing of daycares in the area, went through and marked out certain ones due to age restrictions or hours, and now I'm going through and making preliminary phone calls to see what's what.

I started this last Wednesday - at lunch - and I ended it last Wednesday - at the end of my lunch hour - in tears - on the phone with J - saying how much I hated that we had to send our baby to be under the care of another human who is not us, who has no relation to us, and who has no idea of our parenting philosophy (cloth diapers, breastfeeding/pumping, no tv), and I cried even harder thinking about him being one of the last babies to be picked up, sitting in his little carseat just waiting for Mommy or Papa to pick him up because some of the hours are cutting it close to our work hours. Really, you close at 5:oo or 5:30, um we don't get out of work until then!

So I've taken a break from it since then but will go back to it because really, it has to be done, as much as it breaks both of our hearts into a gazillion little pieces.

Interviews will be conducted and I am not afraid to grill these people. Whomever we pick will be watching a piece of us, our heart and soul in a tiny human, and that is a darned big responsibility. Big shoes people, big shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Erin,

    I am sorry you have to find a day care, but I know you will find one that works for you. Just remember to trust your instincts!!

    Love,
    Clara

    ReplyDelete