Tuesday, February 22, 2011

This time 31 years ago....aka 26 weeks

So this time (well I'm 2 days late posting this), 31 years ago, was the time that I was born - at 26 weeks, and at a mere 1lb 11ozs. Waaay back in 1979. Was a big deal and I give my Mom and Dad major props for getting through it all because I can't imagine how scary the whole thing was. But, as my Mom says, and I agree - if our baby were to come today, he'd be a-okay. But he won't come today - he's snug in there, having too much fun to make his appearance to us outsiders just yet :)

So with that, I give you the 26 week survey!


How far along? 26 weeks (I've said that like 3 times in this post oops)
Total weight gain/loss: As of my dr appt this morning, up 6lbs, since our last appt which was coincidentally 6 weeks ago! 1lb per week - I'll take it :)
Maternity clothes? Um I don't think this will change for a while, but yes, maternity clothes and boy am I thankful for them!
Sleep: get up once to pee every night - and usually attempt to move the 20+ lbs of cat that have nestled themselves into a cozy spot near my belly or legs :)
Best moment this week: When J and I WATCHED my belly move while we were both trying to read our magazines before bed the other night - a-mazing!
Movement: all.the.time. I think he is awake more than asleep lol. I wouldn't change it for the world!
Food cravings: nothing really - I mean if you consider cheese and chocolate chip cookies a craving, but I just like those in general :) Oh I am into Thin Mint cookies and hoping that our box comes in soon!
Gender: B.O.Y
Labor Signs: No thank goodness!
Belly Button in or out? Had it checked out when I was home, by my Mom and one of her friends - they say, yep, still IN :)
What I miss: not a darned thing!
What I am looking forward to: Getting our nursery furniture in our apartment - which involves clearing out the room, which has accumulated more stuff, which we are happy about, but whoah, we may need a storage unit or something :) Fortunately J is good at organizing things so he should be able to get stuff jammed in somewhere or another! But jammed in in a neat, organized fashion, not like 'don't open that closet!' as a mound of stuff falls on you - not like that!
Weekly Wisdom: Keep on chuggin' along....
Milestones: I’m still pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment