Maybe it's just us and our crazy researching and checking and double checking and being 100% sure, but we went out to Babies R Us today to register...and we didn't. Let me explain.
First of all, for some reason there is not a Babies R Us in our town - um we live in a pretty nice area, and near a big city - and I'm pretty sure everyone who lives here has kids, or kids on the way, or kids visiting, at any rate, there are kids EVERYWHERE. Which translates to pregnant women and babies and, well, you get the picture.
Baby boutiques, we got'em a'plenty. But with a boutique comes the big bucks, and tiny stores, and limited selection.
We want a big superstore, lots of selection, and room to move.
So we have two choices - the Babies R Us that is 30 miles away, which we have been to one time before...or the Babies R Us that is 45 miles away, that we checked out last weekend.
Since it had been about a year since our last venture to the closer BRU, we decided to give it a try again today. Plus, we wanted to see if they had any different selections as far as nursery furniture, since I'm pretty sure we hit up every furniture store in our area (Target, WalMart, the Babies R Us IN the Toys R Us in our town, and a few other normal furniture stores because we read when you tack the word baby onto furniture, it jacks up the price).
So off we go, thinking maybe by the graces of the heavens above, we will find furniture AND be able to register.
Well, we got one thing checked off!
We saw our nursery bedding in-house, and folks, it kinda ROCKS! It is SUPER cute, and just the right colors (we are bent on the nursery being light and airy, and not bogged down by dark furniture and paint and all that, that is just our taste).
Second, we found furniture!! As in, a crib, a dresser/changing table (which we had been wanting a combo piece like that), and a taller dresser since we will be sans closet for storage reasons. And, it is all on sale!
Did we purchase anything today - no. Wanted to check out one more store closer to home that sells baby furniture first, and we confirmed that it is too pricey for us and also may swallow up the room to begin with.
So hey, we got one thing done right! Baby steps!
Anyway, we've decided to go back next Saturday when I'm off from work to really register in-store, and in the meantime spend this week registering for a few things online and really nail down what we want in store before going all willy nilly with the registry gun.
Um I was kind of stressed today, I don't know about you - this stuff can be so overwhelming and there was a point where I wanted to turn around and say, J, just pick what you want, I don't care. But I didn't, I tried to hold it together and "enjoy this time" as everyone keeps telling me to do.
Then we came home and I took a nap on the couch for an hour and am feeling more refreshed and ready to face the computer and the online registering.
You may say we are making this harder on ourselves than necessary, or that it shouldn't be this overwhelming and we are thinking too much, but if you know J and I then you know that we like to be 100% sure on any and all decisions we make together. Although there is no saying that our baby boy won't throw it all out the window right :) Here's to trying! Haha!
All I can say is, thank goodness they give you 9 months to prepare because we are going to eek out every last second!
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment