Health update: I am feeling better - we opened an hour late yesterday due to the 1-2 inches of snow, and closed promptly at 5:30 so it was a bit of a shorter shift for me but still long nonetheless. I made it through - tried to drink as much water as I could and eat my snacks if I wasn't up for a full meal (I wasn't). Then we made a big salad for dinner that was fabulous and healthy (we love our leafy greens full of folates).
Then we tackled the registry again - I hope we can get it completed soon since we have a shower coming up next month - I think that we will!
My goal was to add our cloth diapering stuff and some additional bath things that we couldn't find / didn't have at the Babies R Us.
Cloth diapering: We made a decision about which Thirsties wrap to go with (sized xs or s vs size 1 which encompasses a babe 6 to 18 lbs, a bit more leeway). So we selected 6 Thirsties Duo Wraps (which according to my research should get us through). And then we picked a lil set of snappis (gotta pin'em in ya know and the old school pins are 'out' as they say now, and these lil plastic gripper things w/ small teeth are 'in').
And then...we got to the actual diaper part - THE PREFOLD - and that is when after doing more research, I had to throw in the towel - those things are sized too!! And come in so many varieties! I have nailed down that we want to go with the Green Mountain prefolds, but now it is a matter of how many Newborn sized ones, and how many infant sized ones. Both range in their lbs covered and length. Either will fit in the duo wraps that we registered for.
In my head, we will keep him in the prefold / wrap stage until he outgrows the wraps (according to the package around 18lbs - what kid they measure that on I have no idea), and then we will transition him to all in one, or , pocket diapers - BumGenius 4.0s and FuzziBunz are where it's at for those brands I know for sure :)
But after getting stumped on the prefolds, we called it a night w/ the cloth diapering, and headed on to the bathing stuffs -- and we found a FABULOUS 'surf's up' hooded bath towel and washcloth / burpcloth set! OMG it is to-die-for cute!
So we ended that on a good note - more to come as I investigate (read: bug real mommas and scour the internet) for prefold advice.
Then I can add my other dipes on there.
And maybe, just maybe, we'll get lucky and find a daycare provider who will go with us on this cloth diapering journey! If not, like I said before, we will take what we can get and if we have to do a combo of disposables and cloth, then so be it, at least we will be doing our part to help the environment and our baby's bum will be niice n' comfy in the cloth when he gets it :)
Now I must finish cleaning our apartment, doing some laundry, and THEN getting ready for work - but this is a typical Thursday morning for me - and hey, it's almost the weekend - and I have the WHOLE weekend off! ::throws confetti in the air::
And guess what -- we even have a lil day trip planned to an art museum on Sunday, about an hour or so away - so a nice lunch and a trip for the Mommy and Papa - and our dear LC, who we read has impeccable hearing at this stage :)
Speaking of hearing - I swear when J gets up in the morning and starts rusting about, LC wakes up because I am laying there, not speaking, not moving, and then I feel him move around, like he KNOWS what's going on and that it's time to get up. Impeccable hearing, that's our boy :)
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment