Monday, January 17, 2011

Feeling a bit better

J has calmed me down yet again -- he said not to worry, we will get out there on Saturday and register and figure stuff out.

He also pointed out that according to our baby websites that we follow, registering is just supposed to start this week - in fact on babycenter.com it was 'this week's activity' - so really, we are right on target.

It is just hard because of our work schedules sometimes I guess - some weeks I work 9 hour shifts and only have off a Saturday or a Sunday. This past week I just had off on Sunday, so we were working in a more limited time frame with the stores only being open til 5 or 7 and J having to work the next day, and us not wanting to spend a fortune on eating meals out while we shopped.

Looking back though - we DID make big strides! We found a furniture set! I mean that is BIG! Especially considering we had looked everywhere in the area and beyond the other weekend and found nothing! Once we get that secured, we can really move forward with everything else, and we have a pretty good idea of what the everything else will be :)

I can't wait to show you all our adorable bedding set, and boppy, and cute diapers, and other fun stuff we've been looking at!

I'm an impatient person - my Dad always says that I need "instant gratification" - I need to slow down.

It is hard not to feel pressure though. We have x amount of weekends where both of us have 2 days off together and weekday evenings aren't always the easiest to work with considering some places are at least 30 minutes away.

We will do what we can, when we can, and J keeps reassuring me that IT WILL BE OKAY and WE WILL HAVE IT ALL DONE -- and with time to spare.

It's just hard to see the forest for all the trees sometimes.

But our dear sweet LC could care less I'm sure :) So long as Mommy and Papa are there to love, nurture, and feed him - he will be golden! And THAT, I can guarantee we are more than ready for!

No comments:

Post a Comment