Yep, I've got it -- "the crud" is what my Mom calls it -- whenever you are feeling down and out be it flu or cold or whatever.
Felt funny yesterday morning, went in to work, came home for lunch, had some lunch, went back to work, started feeling flushed and sweaty (classic I know), then just incredibly achy and tired. I took a little 15 minute rest on my break at 4 but got up and realized it'd be best to listen to my body and head home for the day. I went as far as I could.
Last night felt horrible, nauseous, very weak, tired, achy, and I basically layed on the couch and tried to drink water and 7-Up. J stuck it out with me, getting me anything I needed, feeling my head for warmth, and being super supportive when we both knew there was really nothing we could do. I considered calling the doctor but decided I'd just try to get a good night's sleep.
Added an extra pillow to prop my legs on in bed last night but didn't sleep too well, just anxious and achy I guess.
Woke up this morning, felt better, but still so achy and just exhausted. So J actually called in to work for me and told them I'd be out. Then he hung around in the morning while I called the doctor to see if there was anything else we could do (I didn't think so but it doesn't hurt). The nurse called back and said to take some Tylenol and keep hydrated and just rest, rest, rest. I felt comfortable enough for J to head on in to work - his Mom can come over if need be - so he went on in and I'm here on the couch, in my pjs, taking it easy - lots of water and naps and some bland snacks.
Fortunately, LC seems 100% unaffected by everything and is wiggling up a storm in there! J felt him several times last night and again this morning. So that makes me feel good :) Plus the nurse said he was fine as well.
That's our strong boy :) Makes me SO proud!
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment