The last couple of nights when I get up to take my nightly trip to the restroom (so thankful to have a bathroom right off of our bedroom instead of down the stairs, off of the kitchen btw), I get up, move the cats (usually Lambi is snuggled up tight), and stumble bleary eyed to the bathroom, I've been thinking. The other night I thought 'oh my gosh, how am I going to be able to change a diaper when I am this sleepy in the middle of the night...MULTIPLE times....and then the next night, I thought 'oh my gosh, how am I going to be able to be awake enough MULTIPLE times in the night, to feed our baby'! Oddly, last night when I woke up, I was more awake than any other times this week. Maybe preparation? Who knows. I know we can do it, and that J will get up with me every time (thankfully he is more of a night owl), and we'll make it through, but it is a bit overwhelming to think that we will be responsible for feeding and diapering our baby in the wee hours of the morning when I can barely function to get myself to the bathroom! Maybe I should start setting my alarm to go off every 2 hours over night to get myself into a routine...but I've heard that the more your pregnancy progresses, the less you tend to sleep anyway - natural preparation - I like that!
Time will tell - and I guarantee that our baby will be diapered and fed as many times as necessary every night, no matter how tired we are :) It is just a bit like 'aaahhh for real!' right now :)
That is all.
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment