Sunday, November 14, 2010

Present Day Post: Maternity Jeans

First of all, let me thank you all for your continued reading - my 5ish loyal readers :) I have basically scheduled 3 posts a day through this Thursday when you'll be up to date with present day. If you want off the email list, just let me know, I know it is a lot coming in your inbox these past few days, and the next few days.

At any rate, I had to interject with a present day post about our maternity jeans shopping excursion last night (what...yes I know it's early...but I am also an avid researcher and don't want to be caught with my hands up and no pants to wear at 8AM when I"m trying to get ready for work), so here ya go..the first (okay okay, the second) trip to try some maternity clothes on, just to 'scope it out'

November 14, 2010
Maternity Jeans

J and I stopped by A Pea In The Pod maternity store last night to check out maternity jeans since I currently only have one pair that fit decently. The sales lady was SO great and they even had petite sizes for us short folk (always a challenge to buy pants). She fixes me up with a couple of pairs of jeans (and bras if you must know, however they were all above my budget and I can find the same thing at Kohl’s using my gift card for much less) – at any rate, she sets me up with a Petite Small pair of boot cut jeans in a darkish wash. I put them on …and instantly feel like my butt is going to blow out the back, and my thighs are going to rip the seams. However I walk out and J says they look AWESOME (even the length is perfect … that is unheard of), and the sales lady agrees. I say they are too tight, but she assures me that they will stretch and are not to tight, but gets me a medium anyway. I go back and try them on and they feel a bit better, however I come out and both J and the lady tell me that they are too big and that they will stretch and that I’ll be walking down the street and my pants will fall down. Hmm..don’t want that! So I then try the smalls on again. The feel better the second time, oddly lol. I then check the price tag, $79! WHAT! Never have I EVER spent that much money on a pair of pants! $20 to $30ish is my limit. However, the lady assured me that they would fit me the ENTIRE pregnancy…stretch is what does it I guess. AND they were marked down to $60 (plus tax of course). I mulled it, and ended up leaving the store but with the jean number written on the card, and a few samples of tummy butter lotion stuff, and the sales lady’s card, AND after trying on the faux belly. That was fun let me tell you! J got the sweetest look on his face when I walked out with the faux belly – if it is anywhere near realistic, shewee is all I’ll say!
So my conundrum…would you spend $60 on one pair of jeans if they would last you your entire pregnancy? And they fit great and looked better than any jeans you owned previously? I’m thinking yes, I just have to hope they are still on sale if/when we go back! I mean seriously, if they will seriously fit the ENTIRE time, then I’m totally game. I don’t wear jeans that often anyway. And I guess if they didn’t fit the whole time, there is always Kohl’s sale rack (they had maternity jeans for 40% off tonight) but mine would need hemming – but that’d be in an emergency – or Motherhood Maternity which is a notch or two lower (and where I’ll most likely get my work pants) probably has a more decent price. Ho hum…we shall see what we decide! Still early yet but people keep telling me the belly could pop out overnight…fortunately I have my belly bands from Mom to help with that! 

1 comment:

  1. HI Erin! I would spend that much money, but I wouldn't count on them lasting the WHOLE pregnancy... My girlfriend at work bought a new pair of pregnancy corduroys and she says they are tight already (after three weeks of wearing them.) Of course she is at 7-7.5 months.

    I guess they will last longer in the early part of pregnancy.

    But to feel good in your clothes, I think it is worth it!

    ReplyDelete