Sunday, November 14, 2010

8 week update

Originally written on October 17, 2010

October 17, 2010

So fortunately not much to report since our big day on Wednesday. No more spotting, and baby seems to be happy and I’m eating a bit more like a normal person, although really each day takes on a life of its own when it comes to meals. Been taking my progesterone 3 times a day (100mg each dose), my DHA with dinner, my prenatal vitamin and folic acid vitamin at bedtime. This baby should be getting plenty of nutrients from those if nothing else! Time for an update:

How far along? 8 weeks today! (or 8w 2 days if you go by the u/s from Wednesday which measured a couple days ahead)
Total weight gain/loss: still same, either the scale is broken, or I’m not eating enough to gain, but I’m sure that’ll change (113.6 and going steady)
Maternity clothes? No but I did have to do the rubberband through the button hole trick with one of my pairs of jeans on Friday for work! (this excites me greatly!)
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: hit or miss, some nights I sleep like a log, others I wake up and toss and turn along with getting up at least once to pee.
Best moment this week: Seeing our baby AND its heartbeat on the ultrasound this past Wednesday! By far, relief, joy, amazement, love!
Movement: No
Food cravings: cheese, I think I’ve incorporated cheese into every meal of my day, and by meal I mean snack, or miniscule entrée.
Gender: no idea, still flip flopping every day
Labor Signs: No thank goodness!
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: a satisfying pee…peeing is not nearly as relieving as it was before I was pregnant. Feels like something (um, a baby perhaps) is blocking the stream so it’s not as satisfying anymore, but I’m okay with that!
What I am looking forward to: Tuesday October 19 and our first prenatal nurse registration visit! Lots of family medical history and questions, and who doesn’t love questions more than me (and J, he said he’d met his match w/ questions when he met me)
Weekly Wisdom: Today our baby is okay, and has a strong (160bpm) heartbeat and that will keep me going.
Milestones: I’m still pregnant .. this will be my mantra, my milestone each week I’m pretty sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment