Sunday, October 10, 2010

Last Friday night / Saturday morning

Playing catch up while J is at the grocery store (stop laughing), he kindly dropped me off at home after we picked up a nice lamp shade at the Bed Bath & Beyond since we are bound and determined to get more light in this apartment. (Pic to come when he gets home and we get this thing set up - not rocket science I know, but the lamp is up high in the closet and I can't reach, even with my lil stool...I digress)

So last Friday night we decided to check out the Chihuly exhibit at night. Remember when we went that one day over the summer and it was hot as heck in broad daylight. Well things have cooled down a bit and nightfall isn't so late anymore, closer to 7ish (which is bad for my walking in the park), so we decided (on a whim mind you) to take a little drive down to the botanical gardens at night and see the displays all lit up:

ooooh pretty huh! this is the sunburst, or something like that. Truth be told, the whole exhibit at night was a bit underwhelming. It wasn't as well lit as I would have liked, and the "terrain" some dirt pathways, leading to various ponds, and grass pathways, not well lit, made me nervous (are you surprised, I think I can make coffee nervous). At any rate, my camera was acting up (i.e. making everything blurry) so this is the best shot I got the whole evening.

Don't get me wrong, we did have a nice time walking around and seeing everything "lit up", but wasn't as fascinating as we were thinking in our minds. But a good night out on the town :)

Saturday morning we got up and went to the local Farmers Market. Typically I don't go, I get up and get going on laundry or have to work, but this weekend I came along, and yeah, blew the budget...on sweets. Oh the sweets that they have:

Aren't those mini pies a-dorable! We got a mini chocolate chess pie, a mini sweet potato pie, a big chocolate chip cookie (for me). A blueberry muffin, a german apple muffin, a chocolate zucchini muffin (yum), two heart shaped sugar cookies (these were free for the company celebrating its one year anniversary), and a pecan something frosted muffin (this was J's). Needless to say we did not eat everything in one day, rather it lasted about 3 or 5 depending. Muffins went first, then the cookies and pies. Oh so good!

But we did not forget about being healthy and picked up this:
Sweet potatoes (J makes the best sweet potato fries), tomatoes (for the mothership tomato salad of course), green beans (not my cup o' tea but J made them the other night and not too shabby), a squash of some variation, and a pie pumpkin (to aid in J's dreams of making a truly from scratch pumpkin pie (um, how long do pie pumkins last..anyone?).

So a great trip! Budget a little off but we had fun and got some good eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment