Wow, here we are again! Fortunately this day has come fast and furious this week since our vacation is around the corner and I've been chomping at the bit to fly outta town for a few days!
An abbreviated, maybe to be followed up by a longer post later but for now I'm thankful for:
The most is the health of my Dad. If you didn't know before, my Dad took a spill on his bike on Tuesday night while riding in a pace line - in case you don't know / I didn't, a pace line is one single line of people riding on bikes at a very fast 'pace'. Dad was towards the end of the line, and they were an 1/8th of a mile from the finish (this was a practice) and a dog ran out in front of him. He couldn't go left or right, although hind-sight is 20/20, he could have swerved into the ditch. However, in the moment, he ended up falling off his bike, cracking his helmet, damaging the bike, and bruising his hip and other pavement eating extremities pretty badly.
He went home and was fine until the next morning when he ended up passing out a couple of times, which resulted in a trip to the ER. Complete with ambulance and stretcher in the house! WOW!
But, have no fear, he is one tough cookie, and passed all tests with flying colors and headed home to rest for the day. Concept for him lol.
Thankfully my stepmom B was there to help him through all of this and she called me at 7am to tell me what was going on. I tried not to freak out, but when you are told that something is wrong with your Dad, um, it's kind of automatic to freak out, no matter how minor the problem.
I sent my Mom to the hospital as my proxy (thank you so much!) since I knew that B would be busy and probably not have time to call me back right away, and we all know how anxious I get. And Mom reported in that he was doing fine, and mainly ticked to actually be at the hospital. But, such is life and it is good to know that he checked out healthy as a horse!
Moving onward and upward Dad! Try not to fall anymore okay! Your little girl worries about you!
ps- helmets: wear them - they can and do save your life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment