That's what we have, or had, Sunday night and yesterday. You know, you go to a concert and your hearing is a little outta whack and your own voice sounds weird and everything around you sounds a bit more muted than it did at 7:30 before the concert started!? Yes, you know what I'm talking about. But I'll take my concert ears thank you very much!
We saw The Black Crowes and wow, there is something about live music. It just gets you right down to your soul. The instruments, the talent, the lyrics, the atmosphere, everything. They did two sets, the first one was a bit more mellow and I discovered, hey, these guys have some good jams and some SUPER talented guitarists! They sang my favorite song 'She Talks To Angels' at the end of the first set. Nothing like hearing it live and seeing the guitar riffs as they are being played, by the guitarist! And that Chris Robinson - WOW! He can sing! He could use a little work on his dance moves, but who am I to judge. I did feel bad for him though because he has a little boy and I worried / wondered if he missed him while he was out touring around the country. I asked J if he thought he called him at intermission to tell him to have a good day at school the next day. I know, I'm probably the only one who would think that but what can I say, celebrities are people too and they have lives just like us, it's just that their line of work puts them in the spotlight. Anyway, we both enjoyed the concert even though the second set was MUCH louder and the band had some a-mazing jam sessions! Talent people, pure talent (and practice I'm sure).
I would have taken pics or video but they were cracking down on it (as they should) and I didn't want to disrespect the band since it was them that requested no photos or video.
So fun! I love that we are able to do special things like this sometimes. :)
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment