Friday, August 6, 2010

Vacation Part VI - the last part

If you guessed if we stopped back in Knoxville, you are correct :) I had never seen UTK before and was anxious to see it with my own eyes :) WOW...what a HUGE campus! I went to a tiny school in PA where you could walk the whole campus in about 30-45 minutes. Well this place...was expansive! Naturally, our first stop was the Library :)
Yes, that is all THE library! Nice architecture huh! And the inside - WOW! Marble, huuuge rooms, tons of seating, computer, and the collection - oh my! TONS of books...TONS! I was thoroughly impressed! And I got all excited when I peeked in and saw a few reference librarians doing their work :) I immediately wanted to go over and talk them up but I didn't lol.
Yep, don't be jealous, but that's me by the sign :) That is a look of pure glee right there! Nevermind that it was 100+ degrees out and I was sweating like made, I was SO happy to see the place :) GO VOLS!!! (yeah, I said it, whatcha gonna do) :)

And this is me at the big torch that is lit all the time - um I forget what it stands for ::bad E::
And after that we snagged some lunch and headed the rest of the way home, got unpacked and I did some laundry and cleaned up and then there we were at Wednesday and back to work :)

What a great trip! I am SO thankful for being able to go on this trip! This time last year this would not have been possible due to work and other complications. Whew, what a trip!

Next up: heading home to visit the family and I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE!!!!!

Happy Friday gang! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment