Hi Gang! So as you can see I never got time Friday night to update 'Thankful Thursday on Friday'. We were busy getting prepared for my sister in law D's baby shower on Saturday!!!! She's having a baby girl in October and we are so excited and I was so excited to be asked to help plan it! I put myself in charge of the diaper cake and some appetizers and beverages for the shindig :)
For those of you who don't know what a diaper cake is, it is basically like a wedding cake in style (2 or 3 layers, or more) except instead of being made out of edible cake, it is made out of diapers. You can decorate it anyway that you wish, but typically some sort of ribbon goes around each later and a topper (usually a stuffed animal) and a bottle (or two) in the center to keep the diapers in a circle (and you can fill the bottle with candy or anything else you want. Some people add blankets around the layers and/or clothes pinned socks or shoes etc around the ribbon on the layers. Mine was simple. It was my first (and hopefully not my last) so after watching some YouTube videos, I gathered my ideas, my list of materials and headed out to load up :) And here's what I came up with ....
Kinda cute right!? I used 42 size 2 Pampers / Baby Dry diapers, and got 3, 9oz Gerber medium flow bottles and put one in the center and the other two I filled with D's favorite candy, reese's pieces ) And J found a cute lady bug woobie to top it with :) And the colors match baby's crib set (bonus!).
So the shower was yesterday, from 11-1 so we had a little brunch complete with 4 (outstanding) breakfast casseroles (I'm getting the recipes) and cheese and crackers, strawberries, canteloupe, grapes, and a yummy chocolate cake! And assorted beverages :) Everyone had a great time chatting and D got some great stuff in preparation for baby girl! I'll let the pictures do the talking:
S, D and Me. Doesn't D look cute with her baby bump! :)
Look at that loot! She's all prepared now :) Our gift is the hot pink bag against the wall - we got her a newborn onsie that says 'My Aunt is my BFF', a bottle cleaner, some plain white onsies, some butt paste, some newborn leggings (I was looking for cow print BabyLegs but couldn't find them), some pacis and the bottles and diapers that came in the cake :)
This cake was outstanding! I don't normally like chocolate but this one was to die for!!! And so cute with the polka dots! Baby girl is yet to be named but we are all so excited to see what it will be when she arrives :)
The whole table complete with the real cake, my diaper cake, and 3 delicious bowls of reeses pieces, skittles, and peanut m&ms YUMM!!!
A great Saturday that's for sure! :)
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I just posted about my diaper cake I made too, haha, must have been the weekend for them!
ReplyDeleteI l-o-v-e that cake with the polka dots, so cute!
I know, I saw :) Thank you! I saw your cake and was like 'WHOAH! What a beaut!!!' :)
ReplyDelete