Wow, what a nice Sunday we had. Naturally we meant to get up and out early but didn't go anywhere til 5:30pm when we made a quick grocery run to load up on lunch stuff for the week. Yeah, we both brown bag it everyday! I'm in charge of making the lunches (and breakfasts, and coffees), J does the dinners, the more complicated meals, not that I can't but he loves it and I say go for it!
At any rate, after my morning walk to get the paper (I love that time of day, it's great for exercise and catching up with friends and family on the phone), I got ready for the day and ended up doing a lot of reading on the balcony! It. was. glorious! The weather wasn't too hot, I pulled up my little blue camper chair, got my book out (Charmed Thirds by Megan McCafferty in case you're wondering), and read til my little heart's content. Rare that this happens for long stretches of time like today that's for sure! I napped, woke up, read, listened to the rain, comforted by the fact that I was dry under the awning, and read some more. I actually finished my book! And I"m on to the fourth one 'Fourth Comings'! So excited! I love series books! I'll have to check out the fifth book 'Perfect Fifths' tomorrow so that I can have it at-the-ready!
Meanwhile, J was inside, probably freaking out, couponing like mad, and researching computers. But he held it together lol. And we made a quick grocery run, and he is still working to make a decision on a computer, a lot goes into this since it will hopefully last a LOOONNNGGG time ya know. Can't blame him. It's his deal, I have sent a few articles to consider and go from there. And now he is doing what he loves, his cooking to my reading. Making us a delicious dinner with pork roast, roasted carrots and potatoes and the famous 'mothership' tomato salad. Yummm! And then we'll watch a few shows, and head off to bed. Charmed life right lol.
I love the days when stress is at a minimum that's for sure!
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment