Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Taking a detour from Wishlist Wednesday...

Thank you Elise for my first ever nomination! I got SO excited that you thought of me!!! I'm so honored! 
I met Elise through a message board and made an awesome friend, yeah, we're friends, we email and support each other and our blogs and it is so cool! Now if only I could get her on Twitter lol :) 
So I've been nominated for: 

For this award, here's what to do:
1. Thank whoever gave you this award
2. Tell 7 things about  yourself that readers may not know
3. Pay it forward by nominating 10  bloggers you have recently discovered
 
7 Things About Me That You May Not Know --- hmmm.....considering my readers are my friends and family and already know a ton about me, this is going to be tricky...so bear with me if you already know it and pretend like you don't mkay :)
1- I weighed 1lb 11ozs when I was born, and I am forever thankful for the strength an optimism that my parents (and family) had for me those first few months
2- I am a neat freak, so much so that I can clean my apartment in the morning and you wouldn't even be able to tell aside from the vacuum tracks and the cat hair free coffee table - yeah, everything has its place an an OCD sorta way in our apartment
3- We got married almost 2 years ago and have yet to make a wedding album out of the 3,000+ photographs that were taken that day (we've been on the hunt for the perfect album, which is yet to be found) 
4- I was obsessed with Yankee candles in college, my housemate used to say that when I was stressed out, I'd go to the mall and buy a candle for my room.
sidebar: she was right
5-This blog has reintroduced me to my original love of writing, and it has been very refreshing
current obsession: finding a 'tweet this' widget to put at the bottom of my posts 
6-  I spent almost my entire 2 mile walk this evening thinking about these 7 things (is that wrong!? I had my iPod playing and I decreased my time from 20 mins to 15 mins a mile tonight, so all that thought and music going on in my head was good for something right ;) ) 
7- No matter where I am or what I am doing, I get tired at 10pm
(what I"m grasping for straws here people, omg, I hope that doesn't make me less 'versatile' if it does, oh well, I had fun with it!) 

Paying it forward
side note: being new to blogging I don't think that I even know of 10 blogs, so um, here's what I've got -- oh and if you want me to read your blog, hey, lemme know, I'm always on the lookout for good reading material!
 
1- My brother, over at Where Am I  he is awesome, and travels the world with his surfboard
2- My friend Tiff, and her adorable kiddos with The Pittsburgh Buchanans 
3- My girl Blair at The Heir To Blair for her heartwarming experiences with her new baby 
4- My girl Diana over at Hormonal Imbalancesnd and her love for sharing and teaching, and helping out a newbie as I navigate my way through the blogosphere and Twitterland 
5- And last but not least, I'd like to re-nominate my friend Elise, because she is so cool for thinking of me and totally making my day by nominating me. You can find her at The Wilde Zoo

So that's that! I hope you enjoyed this detour from Wishlist Wednesday! I know I did!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! That was so sweet - and I love that you talked about why you nominated each of us. ((hugs))

    And amazing that you were so tiny when you were born - how premature were you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome!
    Yep, I was 4 months early, born at 26 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, thank you love!! You were a TINY, TINY thing! & I love the Yankee Candle part. ::dead:: I had a roomie in college that did the exact same thing.

    ReplyDelete