"How about we disconnect our cable! And just have internet"
sounds good right - (or not depending on who reads this)
My logic: Oh it'll be great, we can read, exercise more, find other things to do with our time other than sitting in front of the tv (which really we don't do a whole lot of anyway, but it is our form of relaxation after a long day at work, we enjoy watching a show on HGTV while we have a small cup of ice cream).
J's response: "Huh!?" as in 'are you crazy woman!'...proceeded by "Do you realize that over half of the programs that we DVR and catch up on are on cable!"
To which I respond "Yes, but all I really like is Biggest Loser and Losing It w/ Jillian and SYTYCD - all on networks".
My idea was squashed by the fact that while we are sacrificing some entertainment costs (movies and going out to eat are all limited but with good reason), we are not in such dire straights that we need to cut our cable - and also it wouldn't be much of a break - maybe save us $30 or $40 a month because we still need the internet. So while my idea was not accepted by both parties (and honestly, I wasn't completely serious about it but thought it would make for a neat experiment - until I realized that meant no TLC Channel - one of my faves!)- it is good to know that cable will be staying in our lives.

I could not live without cable!! It's my bestie during the day when everyone is at work and i'm home by myself =)
ReplyDelete