Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day

To my amazing Dad! The man who put my hair in braids and barretts, made me peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and put the milk in a special small pitcher for me so that I could get it myself in the morning when I was little.
Dad, I remember all of the little ways that you took care of me growing up, from having me earn points to get the Nintendo, to gaining independence in letting me walk Whaler around the neighborhood by myself, to holding on to the back of my seat when I first learned how to ride my bike without training wheels, to walking me down the aisle and giving me an awesome pair of special wedding sneakers.

And now I love all of the ways that you still check in and take care of your 'little girl' even though I'm all grown up and married now. Calling to check in before you go to sleep at night, sending me articles from the local paper, wonderful Skype convos, first visits to check in on our new life down here, and those great big hugs that I love so much!
Dad, you're the greatest! And today is your day and I am so so thankful that you are my Dad and that you are such an amazing Dad who is always keeping in touch and taking care of his 'little girl', even though she's not so little anymore.
I love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment