Does your laundry do this!?
Ours does - now do you understand 'climbing the wall'? And that was after 1 week - and typically what we're faced with on a weekly basis. And this is just between the two of us - who typically wear one outfit per day - maybe our basket is too small? Maybe we don't fold the clothes when we put them in the basket, maybe our clothes just bunch up too much when they are placed in there -- whatever it is, there is a lot of it! Fortunately it breaks down to about 4 loads of actual clothes - and another load or two for towels and sheets. So depending on how gung ho I am, I usually get through all of the clothes in a day and the other random loads I can work on throughout the week.
So you see how the laundry is tossed stacked up like that - now when I move it out of the closet, the clothing kept.the.shape. of the wall. It stayed smashed up in the back and stiff. And from there I sort it and start the loads. Fortunately we have an outstanding washer and dryer that we rent that hasn't let me down.
I can wash a load in 30 minutes and dry it anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes.
I think that all married couples have their designated duties in the home - well at least we do - and laundry is my big thing. So I take great pride in getting all of our clothes cleaned and put away each week in preparation for the week to come. Lame - maybe - part of our little life - definitely :) And ya know what: I wouldn't trade it for the world because I am more than blessed to have a husband who cooks me dinner every night and who appreciates the fact that I fold and hang up his pants in the closet in preparation for work each day.
What chores are you in charge of at your house? Typical man/woman designation or do you differ from the "norm"?
u

No comments:
Post a Comment