Sunday, March 7, 2010

What a lovely weekend!

Wow, I am just not ready for this weekend to end! J and I had such a lovely weekend! We had so much fun both days and the weather was sunny and in the 60s all weekend to boot!
On Friday we went out to one of our fave BBQ joints and had some dinner, then we came home and watched some tv and just hung out. Saturday we had a full list of fun things to get into! We both got up early - around 6 which is unheard of on a Saturday for us! Usually we sleep til 8 or so but sometimes one or both of us will wake up and get up earlier. At any rate, we both got up, made some breakfast and coffee (I so love my morning coffee!!!! I look forward to it everyday as part of my getting ready routine). Then we sat down and decided what we wanted to do for the day. First we went out to the local Farmer's Market which was so nice!! I got a big gingersnap cookie and J got a vanilla poundcake (both were delicious), then we walked around the Farmer's Market complex and saw lots of cool craft stores and antique stores and a cute little ice cream store, and a local cooking school. We spent a lot of time in the cooking store. If you know J, you know how he loooves to learn everything he can about cooking so the store was a big treat for him and he asked tons of questions to the staff working there :) They offer cooking classes as well as demonstration nights, so we may try to attend a couple in the future. It would be so fun and I know J would love to learn from a master chef!
Then we took a little drive and went to the local art museum. If you know me, you know that I really do not enjoy museums, however I went along with this since it was one exhibit and it sounded interesting. Something about European painters. The exhibit was beautiful and we walked around and read about each painting. It really is neat to see real paintings up close and so large - very vivid color and textures!
Then we went back to our new fave used bookstore! I LOVE this bookstore so much! Their collection is so great and they actually have a lot of newer books at decent prices! We traded a couple of our books in and got a store credit that was used in the same visit. Love me some books! Then we went to lunch at Atlanta Bread Company, and then to Bed Bath & Beyond to poke around at the home goods and then we went home and relaxed and J made a fabulous dinner! He got the recipe from Bon Apetit magazine - steak made with a special rub and a side of white beans and tomatoes seasoned with cumin and some other spices (he loves his spices!).


YUMMY dinner!

It was so yummy and it felt healthy as well! Snag in the evening occurred about 3/4 of the way through J's cooking when he burned his hand on the frying pan handle! The pan had been in the oven cooking the steak for 20 minutes before grilling it at the end and he accidentally touched the handle of the pan! I grabbed an ice pack and poor J had to hold the ice pack for a good 3 hours last night before bed. I swooped in and finished cooking dinner and it turned out wonderfully although J was upset that he couldn't finish up properly. But we worked as a team and got the meal completed :)
His hand blistered a little, especially the pinky but it is improving today.
This morning the weather was beautiful again and despite doing laundry and some cleaning in the apartment, we opened all the windows and got some fresh air in! It was lovely!

We made big salads for lunch on Sunday and sat out on our balcony and ate before going on a nice walk around our little neighborhood. Then we stopped into the complex and played some bball which was fun! I actually made some shots which I got SO excited about! Haven't played bball since middle school!


Heading out for our walk!
Then we came home and I read some on the balcony while J caught up on some sports on tv and we made a nice dinner and now J is at the grocery store getting us all stocked up for the week. He's so good at that :)
This is going to be a long week for me - I work the weekend which means Mon-Weds I work 1 extra hour a day and then am off Thurs and Fri but back on Sat and Sun. It's only one full weekend a month and it is actually very nice to work the weekends, I find myself getting a lot done since it is a little bit more laid back and slower than during the week. Love it!
That's about it from our little neck of the woods!

No comments:

Post a Comment