Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Busy past 3 days!

Well, yet another long stretch has gone by and I haven't gotten to post as much as I would have liked. Now to play catch up:
The PM dinner on Thursday was...okay...I'm don't really feel like I am connecting with these girls, sadly. I may try posting to our listserv to see if anyone wants to go to the movies or something because all they really do is a monthly supper and othe various events that either I'm not interested in, are too far away, or cost too much. I just like to hang out, go see movies, occasional dinners out, and maybe a game night or something fun and simple. At any rate, I'll keep giving it a go, see if I get any bites when I ask if anyone wants to see a movie or something.
Friday: I found a FABULOUS dermatologist! She is great, sat down with me, talked to me and prescribed me a great regime to get my face looking healthy and glowing! I got a face wash and two cremes, one for day and one for night. Not a whole lot of change just yet but I did just start it on Saturday, so I must be patient (hard to come by if you know me very well haha). Friday night I made J and I some spaghetti and salad which was yummy, and we watched the Olympics - opening ceremonies, so cool! (I think that was Friday night!?).
Saturday I had to work - my first full weekend of work. It was pretty good! It was quieter than normal and I was able to get a lot of books ordered for my sections which was wonderful! I'm hoping that this week I can go through my sections and weed out some older stuff as well, but on the weekend, there isn't really enough staff to take time off the desk. And a special treat, J met me for lunch and we tried a little Thai/Japanese restaurant about 3 minutes away from my work. Pretty tasty and nice to get away from work for lunch - typically I brown back it and go down to the break room.
Sunday I had to work again but not until 12:30 so I had the whole morning to relax and enjoy the day. J made us Valentine's day cheese omelets and sausage that were very good! He also got me a little box of chocolates that were yummy! And I got my big Jillian Michaels workout in again on Sunday (I promised myself I would do it). So that felt great and I'm not sore anymore which means something must be working (or so I like to think!). And again, work was good - a quick 5 hour day, nice and quiet!
Yesterday J and I both had off so we got up early, I headed to the dr (getting them all lined up since my insurance just went through), then we headed into town. We went to a FABULOUS used bookstore that I thought I wouldn't like but was suprised! It was SO GREAT! The organization was good, and they had TONS of great books! Like books that are relatively new even! I didn't buy anything but I really enjoyed browsing! J got a book for 60 cents! Then we headed out to the mall where the hours whizzed by! I FINALLY found some more work clothes! One pair of pants and about 5 tops which was what I was going for! The Loft is my new favorite shop! I got some great deals there! And I was also finally able to find some nice shirts for spring/end of winter at Old Navy! Thanks Granny for my gift card! It's just about all spent now :) AND I found a nice pair of black low heeled ankle boots so I can now put about 4pairs of pants back into my rotation - I had gotten rid of all of my heeled shoes/boots because they were ratty and old so was high time for a new pair. And I think they'll get me into spring here too which is nice! I'm worried that it's going to be sweltering hot very soon but, J says I would freeze on a tropical island (which he's probably right, I'm cold about 90% of the time) :) so I have a feeling that my light sweaters and tops will be just fine, especially when people start turning on the AC at work and such, I'm sure I'll be glad for the extra layer!
We were going to go see J's parents after the mall but as I said, time got away from us so we headed towards home, stopped by the Wal*Mart for some staples for the week (aren't you proud, only one grocery store, okay, two, we had to stop by the big K for milk and bread since it was a better deal), the whole weekend! By the way, Wal*Mart is our new fave place for deli meat! The deli there stays open longer than the one at the grocery store and they have great prices!
So it was about 9:30 by the time we got home - we left at about 8:30 in the morning! Looong day! We had a quick dinner (some leftover veggies and pork chop that we split) and watched a little bit of the Olympics - by the way, that snowboarding is off.the.chain!!! I can't imagine how much fun it must be for the athletes! It looks AWESOME! And then drifted off to sleep around 11:30. So yeah, that's the past 3 days in a nutshell.
I'm off today and then I work Weds-Saturday this week (luckily 8:30-5:30 so no late nights or extra long days!, last week was an adjustment) :) Then I'm back to Mon-Fri for the next two weeks, having the weekends off! YAY!
Gonna go workout now, since this is my only day aside from this coming Sunday where I can workout unless I want to get up at 5:30am which would be kinda rough. Til next time -- still working on the router, ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment