I can't believe that I've been at my new job for almost 2 weeks! I feel like I've learned a lot and am getting more comfortable everyday. Today especially felt good! I helped a lot of people and didn't have to ask too many questions of my co-workers (I don't think at least). On Monday we're having a department meeting where we are going to divvy up the department duties between the 4 of us so I'm looking forward to that. I have learned that I work best off of lists and I really like keeping busy and having projects to work on. I'm sure I'll be kept plenty busy - bring it on :)
We are working on setting up our tv and computer with the bad cable wiring in our apartment. We moved some furniture around in our bedroom last night to make room for my desk where we'll put J's computer (it was either there or in our living room next to our tv and that wouldn't really work out too well). Then today J moved the desk into our room, and tomorrow, hopefully the computer will follow. I unpacked my desk stuff tonight and put that away so that's another box down. And we made major headway in the 2nd bedroom with putting boxes that we aren't going to unpack in the large guest closet! YEAH :) I also unloaded about 12 books (out of my 2 book boxes) that I wanted to have out to read. J has some more book boxes to go through but is only going to unload the most important ones - and ones that we know will fit and not be all messy on the shelf.
So we're getting there slowly but surely.
They just opened a new Chick-Fil-A near my work and the manager stopped over and dropped off some coupons the other day! J is going to meet me for lunch tomorrow and we're gonna check it out. I love Chick-Fil-A (in moderation of course) :) so I'm really looking forward to our little lunch date!
Oh and J made us waffles this morning that were delicious - we sat down together and had breakfast on a weekday for the first time in forever! I am really enjoying this new lifestyle - so much more time and much more relaxing and less stressed out (oh wait I think that I say that everyday haha).
Life is good!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment