Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all of our family and friends! We didn't make it til midnight - both fell asleep around 11:30 with the two kitties curled up at our feet on our air mattress. Despite the Vols loss to the Hokies, it was a great night!
Hubby's parents stocked us up with some silverware, cups, plates, bowls and some delicious Heaven Bread (like a chocolate chip muffin only in bread loaf form) to take home with us to hold us over until our dishes arrive early next week. Love having family nearby!
Hubby and I slept in today for the first time in months and it was great! Rocky did much better last night - only let out one long meow that I can remember. Lambert is so comfortable, it's great! Very unexpected for him considering his life before he came to our home. He walks around and purrs all the time and loves affection, especially belly rubs from both of us!
We took our first trip to the grocery store today to pick up some more staples to hold us over. I love the deli there! They zip lock your meats and cheeses which is something that they didn't do much up north. It's the little things, ya know.
Had some great black eyed peas, turnip greens, mashed potatoes, and bbq, and biscuits for dinner tonight! Have to get those black eyed peas in on New Years Day!
That's about it for now. Have a wonderful new year!
I hope to get some pictures loaded on here soon - I am hoping that my computer recognizes my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment