I never want to forget this evening - this last hour and a half really.
My time with our LC
J left around 6:15 for a swimming lesson and a grocery store run, leaving a tired and maybe hungry, definetaly needy, huggy, LC with me And who can complain when your toddler just want to be held, hugged, and loved. Certainly not us!
I got his dinner ready as he sat on the floor in the living room with a small cup of goldfish, so he could both see me and get a little appetizer before dinner.
When it was time to go into his high chair he balked, he did arch back, he didn't want anything of it. I got him in and scooted him up to the table to eat like a big boy, after he pushed his tray away as I tried to snap it on.
He pushed away, holding out his arms and crying. I picked him up, I sat in the chair at the table and pulled over his plate and milk. And he sat in my lap and ate his dinner.
He just wanted to be with his Mamma, just to be close, just a little longer.
After dinner he had a bath and then it was time for stories and bed.
He must know how much I miss him everyday. Lately I've missed him more than ever it seems. Especially after full weekends together or fun Sundays like yesterday.
As I said goodnight he held up his arms to me, I picked him up, turned on his lullabye seahorse and sat in the glider - the same glider I sat in night after night nursing since May 30, 2011.
And we rocked.
And my small boy enveloped me in the biggest, tightest, sweetest hug a Momma could ever ask for. He put his head on my chest and wrapped his little toddler arms around my neck and held on tight.
All I could do was whisper "thank you little angel, thank you, Momma loves you so much"
My small boy knows how much his Mamma missed him today, and perhaps, just perhaps, he missed me just as much.
After laying with me for a few minutes he pointed to the crib and was satisfied and laid down to go to sleep.
I checked in on him a few minutes later before I sat down to my dinner.
Poop.
Changed the diaper and laid him back down.
Up he stood with his arms out to me.
Up he went in my arms
Over we went to the glider
Where he again, enveloped me in the biggest, tightest, sweetest hug there ever was. Resting his head on my chest, nuzzling his face in my neck.
My little boy
Loving on is Momma when she needed it most
Who could ask for more from such an insightful, loving, teaching, sweet little boy
I am forever thankful that my little boy knows me so well, listens to me, feels what I am feeling, and without saying a word, leans over and gives me the biggest, tightest, sweetest hug a toddler can give.
And I want to always remember this evening.
Our evening together.
Monday, September 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment