Saturday, July 7, 2012

My mom

Bless this woman

Who drove 17 hours over 2 days

Who cleaned every dish

Scrubbed my floors

Fed my baby

Changed my baby

Held my baby for an hour and a half while he napped

Fed him treats

Took him on long walks in the park

Read him stories

Loved him in a way that only a grandmother can

For still being a mother to me

For washing all our clothes

For making my coffee, my lunch, and my dinner plate

For spending the 4th of July in an open park with my son while I sat in the. ER being treated for mastitis

For taking us out for burgers that same night

For reading on the balcony with me

For watching the fireworks together from the front lawn of our apartment

For taking me to the mall and buying me a couple of stylish outfits so I feel less like an outdated frumpy mom librarian And more like a hip young professional who is a mom

For feeding and entertaining my son while we ate dinner out

For keeping a glass of water or Gatorade in my hand at all times the past few days

For taking pictures of her days with my son each day

For being my mom

I can only hope to be half the mom to lc as you are to me

Thank you

I love you

We both do



No comments:

Post a Comment