Thursday, April 19, 2012

Yeah he just might be "that kid"

You know...the one who BITES other kids! What! Yes, when J rode up with LC last night the first thing he said was "he bit one of the kids at daycare today". OMG NOOOOOOOO!!!!! insert: now we're going to get nasty notes sent home and we'll be "those parents" you know, the ones who let their kid BITE OTHER KIDS! After I calmed down, he said that the daycare was cool with it - reassured us that all the kids go through it, that they react by saying 'no biting' and taking them away from the group for a minute and sitting by themselves on the floor. I'm cool with that. Everything I've read has said to reiterate 'no biting' and to break physical contact and remove him from the situation and then start anew after a minute or so, just to show him a break between on action and the start of another. As is the case with our nursing and biting. Although I did just read and hear from the Twitters that putting them in the crib may not be a good idea because their crib or pack n' play is their safe area, where they go to relax and sleep. So putting them in there for the 'time out' isn't a good idea. Glad I learned that only a couple of days after doing it myself! I certainly don't want him to feel scared of his crib or associate it with anything besides nice relaxing sleeping :) So it continues. No biting incidents today that I've heard of, so we'll keep our fingers crossed that this phase is on its way out - been here almost 2 weeks at this point. The boy has 8 teeth, he's eating real food (for dinner and partially for lunch), and probably has more teeth attempting to burst on the scene, how can you blame him for wanting to test them out. hello teethers! :) come one come all! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment