LC and I made an appearance at J's office today - I had to be in town for lunch with a friend which happened to be nearby to his work, which it happens that LC has had his shots so J felt it safe to show him off...
sidenote: LC has been to my work about a dozen times since he was 3 weeks old and hadn't had any shots, not to mention out and about in the world in general, but um, that's besides the point
So I pull into the lot and J walks out and promptly takes LC out of his carseat (which was fine, he was awake and wanted out anyway), and leaves me to carry the carseat, the diaper bag, and the tote of "emergency milk" which I take if I know we will be out and may not be in a good situation to breastfeed (I've only done this twice btw so it's certainly not a habit. Boob first.)
So he parades in with LC while I shuffle in behind lugging the stuff.
Not to make him out to be the bad guy, but it was just funny how first when I was pregnant my Dad called me the 'incubator' and now as the Mom, the baby comes first. As it should be though right :)
Anywho, LC dazzled the ladies with his big smiles, babbling, and general alert and cuteness.
It is so cool to see how one tiny human can make so many adults smile and genuinely feel happy inside!
I love our dear sweet LC and am so proud of him every day!
I'd lug in a ton more stuff just to see his proud Papa parading in to show him off.
Sidenote: oddly, J texts me when I get home to wipe LC down with wipes (arms and hands) because of the touching and holding that people did - nevermind the fact that every human he came into contact with vigorously rubbed their own hands down with sanitizer before touching him...again...I digress... lol :)
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a protective daddy! So cute...
ReplyDelete